Department of Mathematics (MG241A)
Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1555
208 426-3386 (tel) 208 426-1356 (fax)
e-mail : donnacalhoun[at]boisestate.edu
My research areas of interest include
- Numerical algorithm development for finite volume methods on Cartesian, adaptive meshes
- Numerical methods for solving partial differential equations
on non-Euclidean surfaces (e.g. sphere).
- High performance computing, including massive parallel computing using MPI, and fine grain parallelism on GPUs
- Applications in natural hazards modeling, including depth-averaged modeling for tsunamis and overland flooding, transport models for volcanic ash transport and compressible flows for combustion, including wildfire modeling.
- Scientific software development. I am the main developer of ForestClaw, a parallel, adaptive library for finite volume methods on Cartesian grids
Teaching - Current semester
Teaching - Previous Semesters
[Last Updated: August, 2020]